Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: looking for 90c

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sadiepike's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2005
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Howdy,

    Looking for a 90 C. Freight cost are prohibitive but I have a pickup so can go get it within a days drive from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Been looking on ebay but most everything is too far to go after.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sadiepike's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2005
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Look what I found on ebay for $200.00 Terrific deal - cause of a spelling error it's probably not being seen. Ends really soon but it's to far from Tulsa to Baltimore 7563329779.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sadiepike's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2005
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well - found the range on ebay and picked it up today in Wichita, Kansas.

    Removed the sides, skirt, feet, burners, cast iron oven bottom and anything else to lighten up the load. It's considerably lighter - one person can move it around.

    It's better than I expected - no rust or porcelain chips. Just lots of grease and mouse stuff.

    Unloaded off the trailer and started cleaning - a lot of soaking required: off oven cleaner and simple green. Hey even the original lamp lights - it was unplugged. I'm so happy - wife has named it Matty (after her grandmother).

    It's a 90c but the name tag and paper inspection tag says its a 61c. Did the dealers sometimes put the high backs on the 61c? There is a paper instruction sheet glued to the back of the range on how to install the high back....

    Also, any tips on polishing the chrome top to get the minor surface scratches?

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    That's probably what happened - since the 61 and the 90 were identical except for the back, it's conceivable.

    The polish I use is called Wenol and you can get it at most car parts houses. The motorcycle people love it!

  5. #5
    lowracer
    Guest lowracer's Avatar

    Post

    You found a chambers on eBay that was in Wichita? That's in my back yard. I didn't see it. The one referenced earlier in this thread was in Baltimore I believe. Where did you find the Wichita range online?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sadiepike's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2005
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ebay item 7567090771. Must be the wording of the lead in ad?

    Incidently read that you are having your top rechromed. Just foi I just polished the worst part of ours (the pilot cover). It was so bad I thought the chrome was worn off. Most of the dullness was just years of neglect minor pitting but it is polishing out - don't intend to rechrome with the results we're seeing. Cannot belive the shine.

    Ron

    Couldn't readily find the polish Todd recommended. We using a 3m chrome and metal polish # 39527 from the NAPA store and a buffer.

  7. #7
    lowracer
    Guest lowracer's Avatar

    Post

    Oh I'm bummed that I missed out on that one, seeing as it was local and everything.

    That chrome top was in better shape than mine. Mine had some pretty bad rust spots. Not for long though!

    Enjoy your new stove!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member berlyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2004
    Posts
    516
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    them pikes,

    You got some good accessories with the stove. It seems to be in good shape. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Did you take before and after pics???
    What kind of buffer did you use???

    Berlyn

  9. #9
    lowracer
    Guest lowracer's Avatar

    Post

    [img]http://static.flickr.com/32/67271057_e8806124b5.jpg?v=0[/img]
    This one? Well what do you know. Learn something new every day!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member stoveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2004
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey, take a look at photo "DSC02100". That's a Wilcolator Thermostat! I've only had one range with the Wilcolator, kinda rare. Does anyone else have the Wilcolator?


    As you know, The Uncertain Stoveman is now having Thermostats rebuilt. I can have the Wilcolator rebuilt at a reasonable cost. Heck, I even have a Chambers Wilcolator Thermostat in stock now for quick turnaround.


    Also, Great job on the range cleanup and photos!


    And check out the Chambers Literature here:
    [url="http://stores.ebay.com/The-Uncertain-Stoveman?refid=store"]http://stores.ebay.com/The-Uncertain-Stoveman?refid=store[/url]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •